ARCHIVED: In Microsoft Word, how do I add and remove page breaks?
To add a forced page break in Microsoft Word, place your cursor where you want the page break, and then follow the appropriate step below:
- In Word for Windows, press
- In Word for Mac OS X, press
To remove a page break you've made:
- Click the margin directly to the left of the page break line to highlight it.
- Press the
Note: You cannot delete or remove soft page breaks, which are indicated by dotted lines. To change where soft page breaks occur, you must change the settings for your margins.
You can find more information about editing and formatting your document in Word's Help files:
- To access Help in Word for Windows, press
- To access Help in Word for Mac OS X, from the menu, select .
This is document ahda in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2012-11-06.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.