ARCHIVED: In Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2003, how do I use the Out of Office Assistant (vacation mail)?
In Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA) 2003, the Out of Office Assistant (vacation mail) option allows you to collect messages in your Inbox while you are out of the office and replies automatically to incoming messages.
The Out of Office Assistant notifies users who send you mail that you are out of the office and cannot reply immediately. The AutoReply feature will notify each sender only once, even if you receive multiple messages from that person.
To use the Out of Office Assistant:
- Click . (If you don't see the icon, on the Outlook bar on the left of the window, click the button.)
- In the resulting window, click the radio button next to .
- In the box beneath "AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text:", compose a message. The Out of Office Assistant will send this message automatically to anyone who sends a message to your Inbox.
- Click .
To disable the Out of Office Assistant, in step 2 above, select.
For more robust control of the Out of Office Assistant, including setting up mail forwarding rules, you should use Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2001, 2002, or 2003. See ARCHIVED: In Microsoft Outlook, how do I set up the Out of Office Assistant (vacation mail)?
This is document airj in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2012-08-27.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.