ARCHIVED: At IU, in Outlook 2003, how do I access my Exchange mailbox?
Note: In Outlook 2003 or earlier, or with a connection to Indiana University via an outside Internet service provider (ISP) with handheld synchronization software, you must establish a VPN connection before connecting to your Exchange mailbox. See The basics of VPN at IU and ARCHIVED: At IU, using an outside ISP, why can't I connect to my Exchange account with Outlook or BlackBerry Desktop Manager?
To configure Outlook 2003 to access your Exchange mailbox, before opening Outlook, establish a network connection:
- From the menu, select .
- Under "E-mail", select .
- At the next screen, under "Server type", select .
- Under "Exchange Server Settings", enter
ads.iu.edu. You will also see a checkbox for the optional feature.
- Tab to the next line and type your username. Click Internet service
provider (ISP), a login dialog box will appear. Enter
ADSin the "Domain:" field and log in with your Network ID.
Note: In some cases, for your username, you may have to enter
usernameis your username). . If you are connecting from an outside
- Click , and then select the tab.
- Check . Click .
- Click , and then .
Note: You can still use Personal Folders, especially to have a permanent backup of all your mail, appointments, and contacts. See ARCHIVED: In Microsoft Outlook, what are personal folder files, and how do I create them?
This is document aiwk in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2012-11-16.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.