ARCHIVED: At IU, how can I apply for an account on the CFS?
Note: UITS has retired CFS. A
new file storage service for researchers became available in a public
test phase in fall 2005; for more information, see The Research File System (RFS) at Indiana University
Also, the AFS cell
email@example.com is being
decommissioned. It will be replaced by the OpenAFS cell
CFS accounts at Indiana University are available to all users at IU Bloomington and IUPUI, and to graduate students, faculty, and staff at all other IU campuses. To apply for an account on the CFS, follow the instructions below.
Note: If you have not previously created any computing accounts at IU, see the Knowledge Base document About creating first computing accounts for admitted students, faculty, staff, and affiliates
Individual and IU affiliate (sponsored) accounts
- Connect to the Account Management Service (AMS) page at:
- Select your status, click the radio button next to , and click .
- Log in with your Network ID username and password.
- Click . You'll see a list of the accounts available to you that you don't already have.
- Click the option and follow the instructions to create your account.
Group or departmental accounts
- IU Bloomington, IU East, IU South Bend, IU Northwest
To apply for a group or departmental CFS account, you can use the Network ID Services pages at:
Follow the prompts to select and create a CFS account.
- IUPUI, IU Southeast, IU Kokomo, IUPU Columbus
At these campuses, send an email message to
firstname.lastname@example.org request the creation of a CFS account for a group or sponsored Network ID.
For more about distributed storage services at Indiana University, see What research storage systems are available at IU?
Note: The UITS services in this document may not be available to users on the Fort Wayne campus. Many computing services at IPFW are administered locally by IPFW Information Technology Services (ITS).
This is document aiys in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2010-08-30 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.