ARCHIVED: In Mac OS or Mac OS X, how do I find someone's email address with Outlook Express 5 or Entourage?
Outlook Express 5+ and Entourage include a Directory Services feature that lets you query an LDAP server and find a person's email address based on his or her name. To make a Directory Services search, follow these instructions:
- In Outlook Express, in the Folder List of the main window, click
the blue arrow next to
In Entourage, from themenu, select . You should see several default servers listed (e.g., Bigfoot, Infospace, WhoWhere, Yahoo! People Search). so that the
different LDAP servers are showing.
- Click the LDAP server you want to search.
- In the "Search for Name:" box, enter the name or part of the name of the person you are looking for.
- Click the button.
- The program will contact the service and list any matches. To send a message to one of the individuals in the search results, click his or her entry, then click the button. You may include the entry in your address book by clicking the button . To find more information about the entry, double-click it.
This is document aizc in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2010-03-31.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.