ARCHIVED: In Outlook Express 5 or 6, Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail, how do I import saved messages?
To import saved messages into an Outlook Express, Windows Mail (Windows Vista), or Windows Live Mail (Windows 7) account:
- In Outlook Express and Windows Mail, from the
In Windows Live Mail, from the ribbon, click thetab (located to the left of the tab), and then click . menu,
select , and then click .
- In the dialog box that appears, choose the type of messages you
wish to import.
Note: Windows Mail can import Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Outlook Express 6, and Mail 7; Windows Live Mail can import only Outlook Express 6, Windows Live Mail and Windows Mail.
Note: The mail import selections are usually not pre-validated; if you choose to import from Microsoft Exchange or Outlook but do not have Outlook installed, you will likely receive an error., and browse to your message storage location
on your computer.
- If prompted to choose which folders to import, select your preference and then click .
This is document ajyy in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2012-11-16 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.