About Adobe software at IU
Software covered by the IU/Adobe Education Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) is available to Indiana University students, faculty, and staff at no cost by various means; see At IU, how can I get university-licensed software?
On this page:
- Software available through the agreement
- Accessing the software
Software available through the agreement
Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) is the latest version of Adobe's creative software. Adobe CC is distributed in a different manner than Adobe Creative Suite. Adobe CC desktop applications are available to Indiana University students, faculty, and staff; for details, see Adobe Creative Cloud at IU.
Adobe Creative Suite
Adobe's creative tool set, known for years as Creative Suite, has been replaced by Creative Cloud. Software in the final version of Creative Suite, CS6, remains available to the IU community at present, but will eventually be retired.
CS6 Design Premium/Design & Web Premium
|After Effects CS||X|
|Device Central CS||X||X|
|Flash CS Professional||X||X|
|Photoshop CS Extended||X||X|
|Premiere Pro CS||X|
|Digital Publishing Suite||X||X|
|Adobe Media Server||X||X||X|
Note: Separate from its agreement with IU, Adobe provides free downloads of ColdFusion for Education to qualified educational customers. See the download page for eligibility requirements, terms, and conditions.
Accessing the software
Note: IU students, faculty, faculty emeriti, and staff may use the products covered by the Adobe Enterprise License Agreement while affiliated with Indiana University. Upon leaving IU, the license is no longer valid, and you must uninstall all software you obtained at no cost, with the exception of software obtained through Adobe Creative Cloud. You must also destroy any physical media. UITS encourages you to then purchase your own retail licenses before leaving the university so as to benefit from the academic discount; see At IU, how can I get university-licensed software?
To install Adobe Creative Suite products, you will need a license key/serial number. To obtain this number, log into IUware and click an Adobe product for download. Next to "Your Serial Number/Key", click, and your key/serial number (a long string of characters) will appear in that space. It will remain available for you to copy and paste when prompted during your installation of that particular product. Also, be aware that you will again be prompted to authenticate after you click to download the software.
- If you purchase Adobe Creative Suite software, make sure to use the Creative Suite installation disk to install it, to ensure you have the correct product key. The Creative Suite package also contains an "applications" disk, which includes Adobe Acrobat. If you insert this disk first and attempt to use your Creative Suite product key during the installation of Acrobat, it will be rejected. To install Acrobat, you'll need to get the correct key online, as described above.
- If you are installing Creative Suite 6 for individual use, you'll need to create an Adobe ID to register your software; see How to activate or sign in.
Note: Indiana University students, faculty, faculty emeriti, and staff can install Adobe software on up to two personally owned computers, or access Adobe software without installation via IUanyWare.
To deactivate Adobe software so that you can install it on a different computer, see How do I deactivate Adobe software?
This is document aksj in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-02-25.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.