ARCHIVED: In Windows, how do I install my printer?
- Make sure the USB cable is unplugged from your computer and your printer. USB devices work differently from older devices and usually need to have the drivers installed before you connect the device.
- If you have an installation disk, insert it into the drive. If there is an installer provided, it should run or be executed here. Follow its instructions, and it should install your printer in a few moments.
- If you don't have an installation program, plug the USB cable into your computer and your printer. This should trigger the Device Setup screen.
- Windows will attempt to locate drivers for your printer. If it cannot, consult the web site of your printer's manufacturer; see ARCHIVED: How do I obtain and update my device drivers?
This is document aksl in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2013-01-03 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.