From off campus, why am I unable to access some IU services?
Due to security issues, UITS has temporarily blocked access from outside the Indiana University network to some IU services. To access the following services, you must be connected on campus or via an IU VPN connection:
- IU Exchange email accounts
Note: Any mail sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org) from a system outside IU will be rejected, generating a bounce message to the sending system. Be sure your mail is sent to
- Some IU Library resources (See At IU, why can't I access library resources?)
- Webserve (See Can I access Webserve from outside the Indiana University network?)
- The whois service and IU's ph server
This is document alew in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-02-06.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.