ARCHIVED: In Mac OS X, how do I make an IPsec VPN connection to the IU network?
If you are connecting to the IU wireless network with your Mac, see IU Secure wireless connections: Mac OS X.
To make an IPsec VPN connection:
- From the Apple menu, select
System Preferenceswindow, from the menu, select . .
- Near the bottom left corner of the
Networkwindow, click the (plus sign), unlocking your preference changes if necessary. In the sheet that appears, next to "Interface:", choose . Next to "VPN Type:", choose . Click .
- In the "Server Address:" field, enter the appropriate server
- At IUB:
- At IUPUI:
- At IUB:
- In the "Account Name:" field, type your Network ID
username, and then click . In
the "User Authentication" section, select , and then
enter your Network ID passphrase.
Note: If your username and passphrase are not accepted, try entering your username in the format
- In the "Machine Authentication" section, select
hermanbwells, and in the field type:
- Click .
- Click . Under the tab, check , and then click .
To display a small VPN icon in the upper right corner of your screen, check. You can then click this icon and select from several options in the pull-down menu, rather than having to access VPN options from System Preferences. . To make a VPN connection, click
Edit or remove a VPN configuration
- On the left side of the
Networkwindow, click the VPN connection you want to edit or remove (it should be marked with a padlock icon to its right).
- On the right side of the window, you can change server, account, and other configuration settings for the selected connection. To remove the VPN configuration, in the bottom left corner of the window, click (minus sign).
- Click to save your changes.
This is document algk in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2013-01-03 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.