At IU, what should I do if I have trouble logging into CAS?
If you're having trouble, consider:
Who can use CAS?
CAS allows access to IU computing resources to:
- Admitted IU students
- Current and retired IU faculty and staff
- Guests and affiliates of IU, under certain circumstances
- Parents or guardians (i.e., third-party users with student authorization)
- Some former employees and students for a limited time; see Lifecycle of typical computing accounts from creation to deletion
- IU username and passphrase: If you cannot log into CAS using your IU credentials, try resetting your passphrase.
- IU Guest account: If you cannot log into CAS using your IU Guest account credentials, try changing or resetting your Guest account password:
To have your ADS account unlocked immediately or request additional troubleshooting, contact your campus Support Center.
- On the left, click , and then follow the on-screen prompts.
If the problem persists, contact an IU campus Support Center for help.
Two-Step Login (Duo) issues
If you have not enrolled in Two-Step Login (Duo) and attempt to access sites, applications, or systems that require it, you'll see the following message:
Access Denied. The username you have entered cannot authenticate with Duo Security. Please contact your system administrator.
If you receive this notice after logging into CAS and believe you should have access to the system in question, follow the appropriate instructions in Getting started with Two-Step Login (Duo) at IU.
If you are enrolled in Duo and are having difficulties with two-step login, see Managing your Two-Step Login (Duo) devices and settings.
For help, contact your campus Support Center.
This is document alpu in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-09-28 10:28:10.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.