ARCHIVED: Outside ISPs
The links below provide information about connecting to the Internet via an Internet service provider (ISP) other than IU.
- ARCHIVED: Finding an Internet service provider
- ARCHIVED: From off campus, why am I unable to access some IU services?
- ARCHIVED: Keeping your computer secure if you use a cable modem or DSL
- ARCHIVED: When I connect to IUB through a non-IU ISP, why can't I find computers in Microsoft domains?
If you're connecting to the Internet using an outside ISP and you plan to use campus-restricted services (such as certain library databases), manage files on the university web server, or access your IU Exchange account using Outlook, you'll need to use IU's virtual private network (VPN) as well; see Connecting to IU's SSL VPN for individuals and groups from a Windows or OS X workstation.
This is document ambv in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2011-05-24 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.