ARCHIVED: In IU Webmail, how do I delete messages?
To delete a message in IU Webmail:
- Mark one or more messages as deleted:
- While reading a message, at the upper left of the screen, click . The message you were reading will be marked as deleted, and the next message in the list will then be displayed. To return to the list of messages, in the header bar at the top of the screen, click .
- While in the list of messages, to mark multiple messages for deletion, check the box next to each message you wish to delete. Then, immediately above or below the column of checkboxes, click .
- The messages will still appear in your Inbox listing, but each
will have a line through it to indicate that you have marked it for
To remove the deletion mark from a message, check the box to the left of the message you wish to save, and then, immediately above or below the column of checkboxes, click.
- To remove the marked messages from your account, on the right side of the screen, click . This will permanently remove the messages from your Inbox listing and from your account.
Note: When you transfer a message from your Inbox to another folder, it will still appear in your Inbox listing, marked as deleted as in the steps above. In this case, when you click, the message will only be removed from your Inbox and placed in the other folder. It will not be completely deleted from your account.
This is document amhl in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-10-06 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.