ARCHIVED: In Internet Explorer, how can I turn off the Security Information pop-up alert?
You can configure Internet Explorer to turn off the Security Information alert when displaying both secure and non-secure content. To do this:
- From the
If the menu bar is hidden, press
Altto make it visible. menu, select .
- Select the tab, and then click the icon.
- Click .
- Add the domains for those sites containing unencrypted or
non-secure content. Some of the most common domains at Indiana
www.indiana.edu www.iub.edu www.iupui.edu www.columbus.iupui.edu www.ipfw.edu www.iue.edu www.iuk.edu www.iun.edu www.ius.edu www.iusb.edu
Add all of the above domains that apply to you.
- When you are finished adding domains, click .
- To have this list of trusted domains accept mixed (both secure and
- From the tab, click .
- In the "Miscellaneous" section, under "Display mixed content", select .
- Click .
Both secure and non-secure content will now appear in your trusted zones without triggering the Security Information pop-up alert.
This is document amuj in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2013-01-03 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.