ARCHIVED: In Ad-Aware, how do I download the latest reference files?
Note: As of December 31, 2007, Lavasoft, the producer of Ad-Aware, has discontinued updates for Ad-Aware SE. UITS does not plan to buy a new system-wide site license for Lavasoft's newer commercial products. For information about the academic rates for individual purchase, see Lavasoft's academic/non-profit page. Another anti-spyware option is Windows Defender, which comes with Windows Vista and is free to licensed users of Windows XP.
To download the latest reference files for Ad-Aware:
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Open the Ad-Aware program, and click .
- In the resulting window, click . Ad-Aware will check for a new reference file and prompt you to download and install it. Note: If no new reference file is available, you will see a dialog box that says "No updated components available". If this happens, click .
- To download and install the new reference file, click .
- When the installation is complete, click .
This is document anfa in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2010-03-31.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.