ARCHIVED: For Spybot - Search & Destroy, how do I get the latest updates?
The makers of Spybot - Search & Destroy recommend that you update the application at least once a week.
In Spybot, to download the latest updates:
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Open the Spybot program.
Note: If you are running Spybot for the first time, you will see a window titled
Legal stuff. Check the box and click . Also, if you have Ad-Aware installed on your computer, you will see a window titled
Compatibility warnings. Check the box and click .
- In the middle of the screen, click the button.
- In the resulting window, click to place checkmarks next to any available updates.
- Note: Spybot will prompt you if no new updates are available. If you see this prompt, click .
- Click . Spybot will download and install the most recent updates. After the updates are installed, Spybot will restart automatically.
This is document anfq in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2010-03-31 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.