At IU, how do I configure ArcGIS for license service failover?
At Indiana University, UITS manages a two-server Unix
system to provide automated failover licensing support for Esri software. The
primary and secondary UITS-managed Esri license servers are
esri2, respectively. To ensure uninterrupted access to
the license service, UITS recommends that you configure
your computer for license server failover by creating a system
environment variable specifying the names and port numbers of the Esri
You must have administrative rights to make the following changes to your computer; log in as an administrator if necessary.
To configure ArcGIS for license service failover:
- From either the desktop or the menu, right-click , and then select .
- Click the tab, and then .
- To add a variable, under "System variables", click . The "New System Variable" window will appear:
- In the "Variable name" field, enter:
- In the "Variable value" field, enter:
firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com;Note:The semicolon (
;) at the end of the variable value is essential.
- To close each of the open windows, click .
To verify the license server variable is set correctly:
- From the menu, select or , then , and then .
- In the window that opens, at the prompt, enter:
- If the variable is set correctly, you should see the following
statement in return:
This is document aoro in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-06-04 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.