ARCHIVED: At IU, how do I register my smartphone or mobile device on the network?
You can register most wireless devices (including iPhones, iPads, Android phones, tablets, and e-readers, BlackBerry devices, etc.) with Indiana University's DHCP service via the web.
Note: You'll need to be on IU's network or connected to the VPN.
- From your web browser, visit https://dhcp.iu.edu.
- On the resulting page, click .
- Follow the instructions to register your device.
If this method fails, you can contact your campus Support Center and ask that your device be manually registered. When doing this, you will need to provide the MAC address of your device; see below for instructions, or if necessary, search the web, consult the manufacturer's tech support for your device, or check with your cellular provider for assistance.
- How do I determine the MAC address of my Android phone or tablet?
- How do I determine the MAC address of my Windows Phone?
- How do I find the MAC address of my e-reader?
This is document aoth in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-05-13.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.