ARCHIVED: File transfer
The following is a small selection of content. For more, search the full Knowledge Base.
On this page:
- File transfer basics
- File sharing and downloading
- File transfer at IU
- SFTP (secure FTP)
File transfer basics
- What is SFTP, and how do I use it to transfer files?
- What is FTP, and how do I use it to transfer files?
File sharing and downloading
- ARCHIVED: About MP3 files
- ARCHIVED: What is iTunes and what does it do?
- In file sharing software, how can I disable outbound file sharing?
- What happens if I receive a copyright infringement notice, and how can I avoid it?
- What is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act?
- What is the No Electronic Theft Act?
- What is IU policy on "warez" and software piracy?
File transfer at IU
- Using Windows, how do I use WebDAV to download files from my Oncourse Resources or Drop Box?
- Using Mac OS X, how do I use WebDAV to download files from my Oncourse Resources or Drop Box?
- Using AnyClient, how do I use WebDAV to download files from my Oncourse Resources or Drop Box?
- In Windows, which application should I use to transfer files to and from my IU Pages account on Mercury?
- For the university web server (Webserve), what address should I use when making an SSH or SFTP connection to my account?
- At IU, how do I access the SDA?
- ARCHIVED: At IU, how do I use Samba to mount or map to the RFS on my workstation?
- ARCHIVED: At IU, can I use FTP or SFTP to access my RFS space?
- ARCHIVED: At IU, how do I install and configure OpenAFS on my workstation for use with the RFS?
- ARCHIVED: At IU, what is RFSWeb and how do I use it?
SFTP (secure FTP)
- At IU, what SSH/SFTP clients are supported and where can I get them?
- In Mac OS X, how do I use Cyberduck to transfer files over SFTP?
- Using an SFTP program, how can I change file permissions on Webserve?
- ARCHIVED: When using FTP, why might programs and files fail to transfer properly?
- ARCHIVED: At IU, why can't I SFTP or SCP to my Quarry account, even though I entered my passphrase correctly?
- In command line FTP, how can I avoid being timed out when transferring a long file?
- Using FTP, how do I change to a directory that has spaces in its name?
This is document apfj in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-03-06 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.