At IU, how can I access my transcript?
Note: If you are no longer a student at Indiana University, first see At IU, how can former students access bills, transcripts, and other university information?
On this page:
- Accessing an unofficial copy of your transcript
- Accessing an official transcript
Accessing an unofficial copy of your transcript
An unofficial transcript, available to you in One.IU for up to five years after you are no longer enrolled, shows information identical to your official transcript. To access your unofficial transcript:
- Click the icon.
- From the drop-down menus, select your campus or program and the type of report you want (i.e., select to include your current classes in the transcript, or select to leave them out).
- Click .
Note: At the end of the transcript, you will see the Student Program GPA summary. These statistics are calculated according to the rules of your current program (e.g., whether courses may be repeated for credit). Certain courses may have a note indicating the course was repeated or an equivalent course was later completed. Courses with this note are excluded from the Student Program GPA calculation.
Accessing an official transcript
You can order a copy of your official transcript in One.IU using the eTranscript Request, which provides secure credit card purchasing from Nelnet Business Solutions. The service is available Monday-Saturday 6am-5am, and Sunday 8am-12am.
Purchasing a transcript through eTranscript Request
- Click the icon.
- Read the instructions, check
Note: If you have a hold on your record, you will see an alert. To continue, complete the steps in the "More Information" section.,
and then click .
- On the "Request" page, from the drop-down menu, select the transcript type.
- Select or enter the address to which you want the transcript sent, and choose your delivery option.
- If you would like your transcript signed and sealed, select
Note: All official transcripts have the registrar's signature and the university seal. When official transcripts are mailed by students, however, some agencies or institutions require each transcript to be placed in a separate envelope bearing the registrar's signature and the university seal. If you need this service, selectfor each recipient. .
- To add an additional recipient to your order, click .
- You may select an option from the "Special Instructions" area:
- If you have any degrees "in review", you can specify that the transcript should only be released after the degree is awarded.
- If you want the request held until a grade change occurs, you must select the institution and term as well as the class for which you are awaiting the change.
- If you request that the transcript request be held until grades are awarded for a particular term, eTranscript Request will check to see if you were enrolled for the prior term or are currently enrolled, and verify that some of the grades have not yet been awarded. If all grades have been awarded or you were not enrolled in the prior term or currently enrolled, this option will not appear.
- If any special instructions are selected, the transcript request will be held and evaluated daily until the necessary data is on the record. Then, the transcripts will be printed automatically at a predetermined time.
- Click to review your order. To make changes, click .
- When you are satisfied with your order, click to arrange payment in the Nelnet Commerce Manager Payer system. Enter your credit card information. Note: Even if your transcript request is being held, you will pay immediately. If there is a hold on your record when the transcript is ready to be printed, the Office of the Registrar will refund your credit card. Note: Your credit card information is stored and processed on the Nelnet server. IU does not store credit card numbers.
- On the confirmation page, click if the information is correct or click to change it.
A "Processing" page will display, followed by a "Receipt" page with a confirmation number; eTranscript Request will send a receipt to your IU email address.
Once Nelnet charges your credit card, if you have placed no holds on your order (e.g., grade changed, degree awarded), the order will be processed and your transcript printed. If you do have holds, your card will be charged and the transcript held until they are satisfied.
Note: If you have a hold on your account that prevents the release of transcripts, you must clear this or your order will be cancelled and your credit card refunded.
Reviewing the status of your eTranscript orders
After you have completed a request, on the confirmation page, click. Alternatively, from One.IU, click the icon.
For questions about your orders, contact your campus Office of the Registrar. Refer to the "Order ID" or "Confirmation Number" from your receipt.
This is document aquk in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-03-05.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.