At IU, how do I obtain Esri tutorials?
Environmental Systems Research Institute (Esri) provides a collection of online software tutorials with instructions on performing common tasks in ArcGIS. To work through the ArcGIS for Desktop tutorials, you need to install or have write access to the tutorial data from the ArcGIS for Desktop Tutorial Data Setup. This data is installed in the STCs, and is also available for installation from IUware.
See the following tutorial resources:
- Online tutorials: Visit ArcGIS tutorials in ArcGIS Help 10.2.
- Tutorials in STCs: The ArcGIS tutorials are
available in the Student Technology Centers (STCs). From
the menu, select , then
, then , then
, and then . The exercise data is located in
c:\arcgis\ArcTutor. All data is read-only. To modify or edit data, move it to a local file directory or USB drive with write access. For example, you may use
- Tutorials with ArcGIS for Desktop: If you installed
ArcGIS for Desktop on your workstation, the PDF tutorials were installed
by default in
c:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\Documentation. The exercise data for the tutorials requires a separate installation from ArcGIS for Desktop. The installation media is available for download from IUware. Once installed, the exercise data is installed at
- Esri Manuals: The Esri Book Store sells hard-copy documentation manuals and Esri Press books. Instructors may request a free desk copy to evaluate books for course adoption.
For more about Esri tutorials and training, see At IU, how can I get training in GIS and remote sensing?
This is document aqux in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-06-25.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.