At IU, what self-study training options are available through IT Training?
At Indiana University, IT Training offers online technology-based self-study options for students, faculty, and staff.
- Lynda.com: Lynda.com includes over 1,700 video-based eLearning courses on Adobe Creative Suite applications, Microsoft Office, web design, multimedia, Mac applications, programming, and more. IU students, faculty, and staff statewide can take advantage of no-fee access to the entire lynda.com eLearning library, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Pluralsight: Pluralsight is a provider of video-based online training, with a focus on more technical and design-oriented topics. Use Pluralsight to grow your skills in software development, Business Intelligence, database and server administration, networking, graphic design, video editing, animation, and more. Under an agreement between IT Training and Pluralsight, IU students, faculty, and staff statewide can purchase 24/7 access to Pluralsight premium training at the steeply discounted rate of $40 for calendar year 2015 (as compared to the standard rate of $499 per year).
- Skillsoft eLearning courses: Choose from more than 2,500 online computer training courses. Topics include desktop applications, databases and programming, networking and server administration, project management, and leadership. For more, see Skillsoft eLearning and Books 24x7.
- Microsoft Desktop eLearning courses: Access this collection of courses and reference materials on Microsoft Office and Windows. Materials are free for IU students, faculty, and staff. For more, see About Microsoft Desktop eLearning Courses or visit Microsoft eLearning Courses.
- IT Training workshop materials: IT Training
offers hands-on workshop materials and exercise files. To order these
materials for self-study, under
"Self-Paced Learning" at Compare
Training Options, click .
Note:Materials are given to all workshop participants; you do not need to order materials for any workshop you plan to attend.
- Exercise files: Many IT Training workshops make use of exercise files. For links to all of the exercise files available for download, see Download Materials & Exercise Files.
- IT Training Tips: The IT Training Tips Blog provides coverage of various IU services and IT concepts.
This is document atmj in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-07-16.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.