At IU, what self-study training options are available through IT Training?
At Indiana University, IT Training offers online technology-based self-study options for students, faculty, and staff.
- Lynda.com: Lynda.com includes over 4,000 video-based eLearning courses on Adobe Creative Suite applications, Microsoft Office, web design, multimedia, Mac applications, programming, and more. IU students, faculty, and staff statewide can take advantage of no-fee access to the entire lynda.com eLearning library, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Important:After June 30, 2016, lynda.com training will no longer be available free of charge to IU students, faculty, and staff. You might still be able to access and use lynda.com after that date, and many other free and low-cost training options for IU community members are available. Contact IT Training if you have questions about training options.
- Pluralsight: Pluralsight is a provider of video-based online training, with a focus on more technical and design-oriented topics. Use Pluralsight to grow your skills in software development, Business Intelligence, database and server administration, networking, graphic design, video editing, animation, and more. Under an agreement between IT Training and Pluralsight, IU students, faculty, and staff statewide can purchase 24/7 access to Pluralsight premium training for $79 for calendar year 2016, a substantial discount off the standard web rate.
- Skillsoft eLearning courses: Choose from more than 2,500 online computer training courses. Topics include desktop applications, databases and programming, networking and server administration, project management, and leadership. For more, see Skillsoft eLearning and Books 24x7.
- Microsoft Desktop eLearning courses: Access this collection of courses and reference materials on Microsoft Office and Windows. Materials are free for IU students, faculty, and staff. For more, see About Microsoft Desktop eLearning Courses or visit Microsoft eLearning Courses.
- IT Training workshop materials: IT Training offers hands-on workshop materials and exercise files. IU students, faculty, and staff can download the materials and exercise files from the IT Training site. Anyone can download the exercise files and order printed materials from the IT Training site for a small fee; see Order Workshop Materials.
Note:Materials are given to all workshop participants; you do not need to order materials for any workshop you plan to attend.
- Exercise files: Most IT Training workshops make use of exercise files. For links to all of the exercise files available for download, see Download Materials & Exercise Files.
- IT Training Tips: The IT Training Tips Blog provides coverage of various IU services and IT concepts.
- IT Training recorded webinars: IT Training delivers infoshares and/or demos on many topics via webinars. Often, these events are recorded. For links to all available webinar recordings, see Recorded Webinars and Tutorials.
- IT Training video workshops: IT Training is piloting offering video workshops. For all current video workshops, see the IU Kaltura MediaSpace channel IT Training Recorded Workshops.
This is document atmj in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-05-23.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.