How do I install the ISDP Multi-file Download Tool?
The ISDP Multi-file Download Tool is a stand-alone application that allows you to download aerial photos, topographic maps, and other spatial data from the Indiana Spatial Data Portal (ISDP). This tool is especially useful for downloading multiple files in one sitting. Note that this application will not replace the ISDP web site, which continues to offer downloads on a single-file download basis.
To install the ISDP tool:
- If you have the ISDP Multi-file Download Tool version 1.0 or 1.1 on your computer, uninstall the software before proceeding to the next step.
- In your web browser, go to ISDP Multi-file Download Tool 2.1.
- At the top of the page, click .
- After downloading the ISO file, use an ISO image mounter program (e.g., Virtual CloneDrive, MagicDisc) to access the ISO image file as a virtual disk, or use an ISO image extractor program (e.g., 7-Zip, IsoBuster) to extract the files within an ISO image file outside to disk.
- Verify the downloaded files have the correct MD5
fd607b0bf410dfa0eef90649d07e102 ISDP2Setup.msi 653018e4b0e726c5c191243541dd08d3 setup.exe
- To begin installation, double-click the file.
- Depending on your version of Windows, you may see a message, "This
setup requires the .NET Framework version 4.0". If you do not
see this message, skip to step 7; otherwise:
- Click Microsoft .NET Framework 4 download site. to connect to the
- Click and save the file to a local directory on your computer.
- Double-click the file. The files are extracted and the setup window opens.
- Accept the license agreement, and click .
- Once .NET 4.0 is installed, reopen the
ISDP Multi-file Download Tool 2.0folder, and double-click the file.
- At the "ISDP Download Tool 2" screen, click .
- Accept the default installation folder, and choose whether to install this tool for your own use or for everyone who uses this computer. Click .
- To confirm the installation, click . Once the setup finishes, click .
- A shortcut icon to the application will appear on your desktop and in the menu. Double-click this icon to open the ISDP Tool.
- When you open the application for the first time, the ISDP Tool Help Documentation will appear. See these help pages for instructions on creating a new account. If you already have an ISDP Tool account, close the "Help" window and log into the application.
- Once your account is created, you will automatically be logged into the application to begin file downloads.
This is document atqa in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-01-02.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.