In Oncourse, how do I add a page to my site's wiki?
View feature demonstrations relevant to this topic.
To add a page to your site's wiki:
- In your site's menubar, click , which will take you to the Home page for your site's wiki.
- From the top menu, click .
- In the editing field, you'll see the text and formatting notations
for the Home page. Determine where you want to place the link to your
new page, and then create the link by typing the page name enclosed in
square brackets (e.g.,
- To return to the Home page, click
?) after it. The question mark indicates that the page to which the link leads doesn't yet have any content associated with it. Once you add content to the new page, the question mark will disappear. . You'll see that
your page name has become a link with a question mark (
- Click the link for your new page. You'll see a new page that contains the heading "New page" (or "Page does not exist" for sites created before June 2009).
- To add content to your new page, from the top menu, click .
- In the editing field, you'll see the default text and formatting
notations. Delete this text and add your own.
You'll find several icons and links just above the editing field for formatting text and inserting tables, links, and images; when you click these, Wiki will automatically insert the appropriate notation into the editing field. Use the tabs to change betweenand modes. To the right of the text box, under "Wiki Tips", you'll see a partial list of the codes used for text formatting. To view the full list, at the bottom of the sidebar, click .
Note: In sites created before June 2009, the sidebar will be titled "Help Tips" instead; to view the full list, clicknear the top of the sidebar.
You can also consult a table of the Most Common Markup Notation in the Sakai Wiki Tool from the University of Delaware. (Oncourse is Indiana University's implementation of Sakai.)
- To save your work when you're finished, click . To cancel your changes, click .
This is document atxz in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-12-17.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.