In IU Webmail, how do I use the Whitelist filter rule to avoid having legitimate mail quarantined as spam?
Note: You can access your Cyrus mail via IU
Webmail or by using an email client (such as Outlook
or Mac OS X Mail) configured to access
imap.iu.edu. Filter rules that you set in Webmail will
work whether you read your mail using IU Webmail or an email client.
To configure the Whitelist rule in IU Webmail to always accept mail from specific email addresses:
- Log into Webmail.
- If you have an email message from the address you wish to add to
your whitelist, from the message index, mark the checkbox for the
message, and then click
If you do not have a message:
below the IU Webmail
- Click the
Filter Rulespage with a list of already existing rules. icon on the IU Webmail toolbar. This
will take you to the
- In the "Rule" column, click .
- A Whitelist page will appear. In the text box on this page, enter the email addresses, one per line.
- Click at the bottom of the list.
- When the rule has been saved, click . This will take you back to the page that lists existing rules.
- Click the
- In the section of Webmail, the Whitelist rule should have a green checkmark in the "Enabled" column. If it does not, click the red that appears in that column. It should change to a green checkmark, and "[ENABLED]" should appear next to in the "Rule" column.
Your Whitelist rule is now enabled. Click theicon to return to your mail.
This is document aumb in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-03-05.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.