In Outlook Web App, how can I manage my Exchange ActiveSync device?
Note: OWA has the same functionality across major browsers in most cases. For help using OWA, with your Inbox displayed, click(the question mark) at the top right.
To access a list of mobile devices synchronized with your Exchange account, log into OWA. Clickon the upper right, then , then on the left, and then select the tab.
You can see details about each device, including its type and the first and last times the device was synchronized.
Using the Mobile Devices screen in OWA, you may end an ActiveSync partnership with a mobile device, wipe all the data from a device, or gain access to a device for which you have lost the password. If multiple devices are associated with your account, you will need to check the box next to the device you wish to modify before clicking the desired feature.
- Details: Select a mobile phone from the list, and then click . This will display details about the device, including name, type, and the last time that the phone connected to your mailbox.
- Delete: To remove a device from the list, select
the phone, and then click the delete icon above. This will immediately
end a partnership between the mobile device and the Exchange
server. Use this if a device is lost or stolen, or if you purchase a
new device and want to stop delivery to the old unit.
Note: IU allows partnerships with up to 10 mobile devices.
- Wipe Device: This feature resets the device back
to its original state. Be aware that this will erase all personal data
and settings on the device and return it to the factory defaults. This
will also affect external storage cards that may be in the
device. This command will take effect after the device's next
successful sync with the server.
Note: You must remove the unit from the device list once the device wipe command has succeeded. If not, the next time you set up the ActiveSync partnership with the same device, it will attempt to wipe itself again.
- Start Logging: If your phone can't synchronize or is not synchronizing correctly, your administrator may ask for the phone's log file, which contains technical details related to synchronization. To retrieve the log for your mobile phone, select the mobile phone from the list, click , and follow the prompt. You will receive an email message in your Inbox with the log file attached.
- Refresh: Click the refresh icon (two circular arrows) to update the list of mobile phones that are synchronizing with your mailbox. If you have configured a new phone and it doesn't appear in the list, check the ActiveSync settings on that device.
- Display Recovery Password (Windows Mobile 6 only): This option allows you to access your device if you've lost
or forgotten the password. To unlock your device:
- Press , and then select .
- The device will alert you that you must select a new password and supply a recovery password, which you can find in OWA. Once you have accepted, create a new password, and then press .
- The screen will tell you where to find the recovery password and will provide a space to enter it. Enter the recovery password, and then press .
You should now be able to use the new password when unlocking the mobile device.
This is document avrv in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2013-12-16.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.