ARCHIVED: How do I request additional calendar time for my XSEDE allocation?

This content has been archived, and is no longer maintained by Indiana University. Resources linked from this page may no longer be available or reliable.

To request additional calendar time (up to six months) for using an Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE) project's allocated service units (SUs), the principal investigator (PI) or co-PI can use the XSEDE allocation request system, accessible via the XSEDE User Portal, to submit a request to extend the allocation's end date:

  1. Log into the XSEDE User Portal.
  2. On the Allocations tab, click Submit/Review Request.
  3. On the allocations request page, click Click to Enter or View a Request, and then select Extension.

You must specify the project number and the length of the extension (from one to six months), plus supply a brief reason for the extension. No formal documentation is required.

Extensions apply to all current resource allocations on the same project; PIs cannot extend time on some resources, and submit overlapping renewal requests for other resources. If a project still has unused allocation units at the end of the extended allocation period, the PI must submit a renewal request to continue the project.

This document was developed with support from National Science Foundation (NSF) grants 1053575 and 1548562. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the NSF.

This is document avzz in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2018-09-24 17:14:04.

Contact us

For help or to comment, email the UITS Support Center.