ARCHIVED: Getting started with Oncourse
Oncourse, IU's online collaboration and learning environment, powered by the Sakai community, supports teaching and learning, committees, projects, research, and portfolios for Indiana University's community of students, faculty, and staff.
How do I log in? Click the Oncourse link in the top right corner of the Oncourse Gateway page. When prompted, enter your IU username and passphrase.
How do I get started? If you're new to Indiana University or Oncourse, check out these materials and short video demonstrations:
- Oncourse Podcast: Basic Overview for Students - Watch this podcast to see the ways you'll work in your courses.
- Oncourse Quick Start Guide: For Students (PDF) - Learn to use Oncourse for your course work.
- Oncourse Quick Start Guide: For Instructors (PDF) - Learn to support your courses.
- Feature demos: 2-4 minute videos - Many of these short videos focus on basic tasks for both students (e.g., posting a profile picture) and instructors (e.g., posting a course announcement).
Oncourse Training and Support - Access more self-study online or get help from a person.
Request a site - Request project sites, practice course sites, or portfolio sites; your course sites are automatically generated.
Browsers - See UITS's browser recommendations.
This is document awgc in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-11-17.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.