At IU, how do I make a VPN connection with my Windows Mobile 5 or 6 device?
To configure a connection to Indiana University's VPN in your Windows Mobile 5 or 6 device:
- From the menu, select , and then tap the tab.
- Tap the icon, and then the tab.
- Tap . Under "Programs that automatically connect to a private network should connect using:", tap . Tap the tab.
- Tap . The "Make New Connection" dialog box will appear. In the "Name:" field, enter a name for your connection. You may enter what you like.
- In the "Hostname" field, enter
ipsec.indiana.edu(for Bloomington) or
- Select , and tap
- On the screen labeled "Authenticate IPSec/L2TP connections
hermanbwells, and then enter the
following into the text box:
- Tap .
- Enter your username and password. In the domain field, enter
ADS. Tap .
- Tap the tab.
- Make sure is selected.
- Uncheck all other boxes, and then select the tab.
- Select . Tap , and then .
- You are now back at the "My Work Network" window. Tap .
- Under "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:", select anything other than .
- Under "Programs that automatically connect to a private network should connect using:", select .
- Tap .
- In "URL exceptions:", tap .
- In the open field, enter
*.*/*(i.e., an asterisk, a dot, another asterisk, a slash, and another asterisk).
- Tap , and then tap again.
- Under "Select what your network card connects to", tap .
- Select the tab.
- In the drop-down list under "My network card connects to:", select .
- Tap .
This is document ayjd in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-01-08.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.