Common misconceptions about IU's WCMS
- There will be a mandate for everyone at IU to move their
sites to the WCMS.
Fact: The WCMS is an optional service available to faculty and staff on any IU campus. Student groups may use the WCMS with designation of an appropriate administrative sponsor (faculty or staff).
- If I move my site to the WCMS, I won't need a webmaster
Fact: The WCMS allows people without much technical training to make changes to a website more easily, but you will probably need an experienced developer to set up the WCMS and add features.
- If I use the WCMS, I have to move my site to the central web
Fact: The WCMS allows you to publish to any web server for which you have proper credentials. Publishing to IU's central web servers is one option.
- Everyone must go through IU Communications and Creative Services to
use the WCMS.
Fact: Accounts and access to the WCMS are managed and maintained by UITS. Creative Services does offer expertise in creating websites in the WCMS and can be hired to help with creative or technical work on your website, but its services are not required for access.
- IU Communications and Creative Services has exclusive
control of sites published with WCMS.
Fact: Partnering with Creative Services in creating, migrating, or publishing your website using the WCMS is optional.
- If my website is built with the WCMS, it will have built-in
Fact: Websites built with the WCMS will not automatically have analytical tools. You will be able to continue using any analytical tools you currently use within the WCMS.
- It costs money to use the WCMS.
Fact: The WCMS is a free service available to faculty and staff on any campus. Student groups may use the WCMS with designation of an appropriate administrative sponsor (faculty or staff).
This is document azyh in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-07-30 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.