Why am I having trouble logging into SharePoint at IU?
At IU, SharePoint does not allow for anonymous (public) access. Logging into any SharePoint group site or My Site requires an IU Network ID.
If you have trouble with SharePoint at login, try the following:
- Be sure you are logging in using the following format:
- If you haven't already, run the UITS SharePoint Assistant.
- Check to see if you are using a supported browser and if it is configured properly. See How do I configure my browser to access SharePoint at IU?
- By default, Firefox and Chrome in Mac OS X cannot successfully authenticate to the SharePoint servers. See How can I use SharePoint on OS X?
- For Windows, enable NTLMv2 on your computer. See What is the tool that disables LM/NTLMv1, and where can I get it?
- Reset your passphrase. See At IU, how do I change my Network ID passphrase?
For help, contact your campus Support Center.
This is document bait in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-01-22.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.