Why am I having trouble logging into UITS SharePoint service at IU?
- The SharePoint My Site service will be retired by the end of 2016. As of April 2016, requests for new My Site accounts are no longer accepted. On October 17, 2016, all My Site content became read-only. For details, see About the SharePoint My Site retirement.
On October 17, 2016, SharePoint advanced farm sites that were not being used were disabled. For details, contact your campus Support Center.
If you have trouble with SharePoint at login, try the following:
- Be sure you are logging in using the following format:
- If you haven't already, run the UITS SharePoint Assistant.
- Check to see if you are using a supported browser and if it is configured properly. See How do I configure my browser to access SharePoint at IU?
- By default, Firefox and Chrome in Mac OS X cannot successfully authenticate to the SharePoint servers. See How can I use SharePoint on OS X?
- For Windows, enable NTLMv2 on your computer. See What is the tool that disables LM/NTLMv1, and where can I get it?
- Change your passphrase.
For help, contact your campus Support Center.
This is document bait in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-10-13 16:41:40.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.