For Imail and Umail, what do I need to know when I leave IU?
UITS is preparing to retire the Imail service, and no new Imail accounts are being created. If you are currently using Imail, you are not affected at this time. You will have at least six months' notice before Imail is discontinued. For more, see About the Imail retirement.
- You will need your vendor password to access your account; see At IU, how do I set or reset my vendor password for Imail or Umail? Self-service password reset is not available for Imail; contact your campus Support Center for assistance.
Microsoft (Imail): https://login.microsoftonline.com/
Google (Umail): https://www.gmail.com/
- When you arrive at the vendor page, use
email@example.com the username, depending on which service you are accessing. For the password, use the vendor password mentioned above. If you do not know your vendor password and are unable to reset it, contact the UITS Support Center.
- Your address in the format
firstname.lastname@example.org still work, but if you want people to continue to reach you at
email@example.com), your address must be set to deliver to an Imail, Umail, or Alumni Association account. If your
firstname.lastname@example.org address is set to any other email provider, mail sent to that address will not be forwarded, and people will only be able to contact you through the full Imail or Umail address.Note:If you intend to change your mail forwarding, you must do so within two semesters following your last semester at IU; see At IU, what happens to my student computing accounts when I graduate, leave the university, transfer to another campus, or study abroad? After that time, you will not be able to set a forward.
This is document banv in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-12-07 16:42:27.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.