At IU, how can I read my Imail or Umail on my Android device?
On this page:
- From the menu, select or .
- Enter the following settings:
- Password: Imail vendor password, not your IU passphrase; if you've forgotten your Imail vendor password, or haven't created one yet, see At IU, how do I set or reset my vendor password for Imail or Umail?
and enter the following settings:
- Password: Imail vendor password (not your IU passphrase)
- Leave checked, and unchecked. Tap .
- At this point, you can choose to set your email checking frequency, synchronization preferences, and other options. When finished, tap .
- Enter a name for your account, if you want; you may also leave this blank. Tap .
You can connect to your Umail account by signing in through Google:
- From the menu, select .
- When prompted to "Enter your email", enter your Umail username, which is a combination of your IU Network ID and
@umail.iu.edu; for example:
- When prompted for a password, enter your Umail vendor password (not your IU passphrase). If you haven't set your Umail vendor password yet, or have forgotten it, see At IU, how do I set or reset my vendor password for Imail or Umail?
- Tap . The device will verify your information and update with server information. Once this is complete, the Data & Synchronization options screen will appear. Check the box, and select any other synchronization options you want. When done, tap , and then .
email@example.com not your actual IU email address, and you will use it only when you configure a device to read your Umail. Your IU email address is the combination of your Network ID username and a university-wide or campus-based domain (e.g.,
firstname.lastname@example.org), as explained in At IU, what is my email address?
If you are unable to connect to your Umail account through Google Sign In, your Umail account might be locked out. To unlock your Umail account, see Why can't I access my Umail account from my mobile device, or a POP or IMAP email client?
This is document bbcr in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-07-22 14:03:56.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.