ARCHIVED: How do I submit a new student organization in My Involvement?
To submit a new student organization:
- In My Involvement, click the tab.
- Click , which will be available to you only if you are an enrolled student on the campus for which you are viewing the My Involvement site. An eDoc form will open in a new window, with several required fields automatically completed with your information.
- If the information in the eDoc is incorrect, update the information following the steps in the "Need to Update?" section.
- Read the "Primary Contact Agreement" and select
Once you have indicated that you agree to be the primary contact for the organization, the "New Organization Information" section of the form will appear. All fields with a red asterisk are required.Note:To be an organization's primary contact, you must first be a member. to
agree. This is a required field, and if you do not select
, you cannot submit the form.
- In the "Organization Advisor Information" section, enter the advisor's
email address, or use the magnifying glass icon to find the individual,
Tab; the "Name" and "Department" fields will auto-complete. Click .Note:Not all campuses require a designated advisor for the creation of a new organization. Check your campus's policies to determine if an advisor is required.
- In the "Organization Officers and Members" section of the form,
enter your organization's roster. You can either upload a roster or
manually create one. Follow the guidelines for your campus
regarding the minimum number of members and specific positions of
officers to be designated.
To upload a roster:
- Click . This will open an Excel spreadsheet with your student organization name and columns for "Member Name" and "Member Email".
- Complete the roster, and save it to your computer.
- Click to upload the roster.
To create a roster manually, enter each member's IU email address in the "Email Address" field, or use the magnifying glass icon to find the individual, and press
Tab; the "Name" field will auto-complete. Select a role for the member from the "Position" drop-down menu, and then click .
- Complete the "Constitution and Organization Profile Picture" section by uploading your current constitution and organizational profile picture files. Information on specific constitution guidelines for your campus will be included in the help text above this section.
- Complete the "Keyword" section. List keywords to be associated with your organization. Separate each keyword with a comma. This field is limited to 500 characters, including commas, so you might need to keep your list brief.
If the form has been successfully submitted, the options at the bottom of the form will change toand , and a confirmation message will appear at the top of the page. Otherwise, an error message will appear in red, detailing what issues need to be resolved before the form can be submitted. at the bottom of the form.
- Click .
An administrator will review your submission, and you will receive email notification when your submission is approved or disapproved. If your form is disapproved, it will also inform you of the necessary changes and provide you a link where you can update and resubmit your form.
For help, contact your campus Support Center.
This is document bbqr in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-08-18.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.