Are files and data safe using enterprise Box?
Box adheres to industry standards for security at every level and commits extensive resources to the design, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of its security infrastructure, including:
- Data encryption
- Administrative auditing
- Password policy enforcement and AD/LDAP integration
- Role-based access controls
- Password- and time-based file sharing
Additionally, all files are encrypted and stored on servers in the United States. Redundant encrypted copies of the files are stored as backups on servers at a different geographical location in the United States. Per the Internet2 NET+ contract with Box, data stored in Box, including user information, cannot be "data mined", nor may it be shared with any third party.
For more, see Box's Powerful Tools for Your IT Department.
If you have questions about Box's security, contact
This is document bbvm in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-08-21 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.