About Box Sync
Note: Before using Sync on mobile devices, see Using enterprise Box on mobile devices.
The Sync feature for enterprise Box allows you to easily sync files between your desktop and other devices. This is especially useful for files you wish to access offline and/or work on frequently.
To install Box Sync, log into your enterprise Box account. At the upper right, click the gear icon, and select Support Center.from the drop-down list. Follow the prompts to download and install Box Sync. If you don't see the Box Sync option, contact the
After installing Box Sync, log into the Box Sync client. In the "Email" box, enter your IU email address. Click(Windows), or (Mac), or select the Single Sign-on option for your mobile device. In the CAS single sign-on window that appears, enter your Network ID username and passphrase, and then click .
Box Sync will create a folder on your computer called
Sync. To sync folders to your computer, open Box in your web
browser. At the right of the folder you want to sync to your computer,
click the down arrow, and then select .
If you drop any individual files into your
folder on your computer, Box will sync those files at the top level of
your Box account.
- Box does not sync files by default. You will need to log into Box on the web and indicate which folders you wish to sync.
- Box must sync with the
Box Syncfolder; if you rename this folder, Box will re-create it and duplicate the synced files.
- To change the location of the Box Sync folder, see Box's Can A User Select The Box Sync Folder Location?
- Box Sync is recommended for quick local access to frequently used files. It is strongly recommended that Box Sync not be used as a bulk upload mechanism or the primary means for managing your files in Box.
- Box Sync is not intended as a tool for uploading folders; instead, log into Box on the web and use the Upload Folders feature.
This is document bcbk in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-10-30.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.