About Box Sync
The Sync feature for enterprise Box allows you to easily sync files between your desktop and other devices. This is especially useful for files you wish to access offline and/or work on frequently.
To install Box Sync, log into your IU Box account, click your name (in the upper right corner), and then, from the drop-down list, select Support Center.. Follow the prompts to download and install Box Sync. If you don't see the Box Sync option, contact your campus
After installing Box Sync, log into the Box Sync client. In the "Email" box, enter your IU email address. Click.
Box Sync will create a folder on your computer called
Sync. To sync folders to your computer, open Box in your web
browser, navigate to the folder or subfolder you want to sync, either
right-click the folder or click the down arrow to the right of its
name, and then select .
To best manage files in Box, you should keep them in folders. If
you drop individual files into your
Box Sync folder on
your computer, Box will place them at the top level of your Box
account. To simplify file management, either create a private folder
in the top level of your Box account, sync it, and then place
individual files there, or move individual files into folders after
syncing them to Box.
- Box does not sync files by default. You will need to log into Box on the web and indicate which folders you wish to sync.
- Box must sync with the
Box Syncfolder; if you rename this folder, Box will re-create it and duplicate the synced files.
- You can select an alternate location for your Box Sync folder, but only immediately after installing Sync. The first time you log into Box Sync, the "Welcome to Box Sync" window will display a Can A User Select the Box Sync Folder Location? in the Box Sync Help pages. option; click that link, select to choose another folder location on your computer, and then click . For more, see
- Box Sync is recommended for quick local access to frequently used files. It is strongly recommended that you do not use Box Sync as the primary means for managing your files in Box.
- You must have Editor permissions or above on a collaboration folder in Box to sync its contents to your desktop.
- Box Sync actions are not logged. If you need to log each time a file in your folder is accessed, set the access level for each collaborator to no higher than Permission levels in Sharing files on Box. ; for more, see
This is document bcbk in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-06-30.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.