Creating and using an external password for IU Box
A few third-party applications that use Box do not allow the use of Single Sign-On (SSO), i.e., login through the Central Authentication Service (CAS). Creating an external password, different from your IU Network ID passphrase, will allow you to use these apps. Third-party applications using Box that do not have SSO capabilities are the only applications with which you will be able to use your external password. If you try to use your external password to log into a third-party app that can use SSO, you'll be redirected to CAS.
Resetting a forgotten external password or creating a new one
- Go to https://www.box.com/reset, and enter the email address used for your Box account.
- Box will send you an email message with a link to change the password. Click the link, and be sure to set a password that registers "Strong" on the strength bar.
Changing an external password
- Log into your IU Box account from your laptop or desktop. At the upper right, click your name. From the drop-down menu, click .
- Near the bottom, under "Create External Password", click . Be sure to set a password that registers "Strong" on the strength bar.
- Click .
This is document bccp in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-09-03 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.