Creating and using an external password for enterprise Box
Some third-party applications that use Box do not allow the usage of Single Sign-On (SSO). Creating an external password, different from your IU Network ID passphrase, will allow you to access and use these apps. Third-party applications using Box that do not have SSO capabilities are the only applications with which you will be able to use your external password.
Resetting a forgotten external password or creating a new one:
Note: Though the form says it's specifically for forgotten passwords, it will also work if you didn't have an external password to begin with.
- Go to https://www.box.com/reset, and enter the email address used for your Box account.
- Box will send you a link to change the password over email. Click the link to set a new external password. For help choosing a strong password, see the University Information Security Office (UISO) document Passphrases.
Changing an external password
- Log into your enterprise Box account from your laptop or desktop. At the upper right, click the gear icon. From the drop-down menu, click .
- Near the bottom, you'll see an option to University Information Security Office (UISO) document Passphrases. . Enter a secure, standard user password such that the strength bar registers "Strong". For help, see the
This is document bccp in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-08-21.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.