On IU List, how do I subscribe to a list?
You can subscribe to IU List mailing lists in several ways:
- Subscribing to one list via email:
To add yourself to a mailing list, send an email message to the list's subscription address. For example, to subscribe to
email@example.com, send mail to
listnamewith the name of the list to which you wish to subscribe. The message can be blank.
Note that the campus domain of the subscription address matches the campus domain of the list (not necessarily your campus or your primary email address); thus, to subscribe to
firstname.lastname@example.org, you would send mail to
email@example.com. For a complete list of subscription addresses by campus, see Sending commands via email.
- Subscribing to multiple lists via email:
To add yourself to multiple lists at one campus, send an email message to the campus's command address (e.g.,
firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.), with the following in the body of the message, one line per command:
SUBSCRIBE listname name SUBSCRIBE listname2 name
Leave the Subject line blank; name is optional.
You can use
SUBin place of
SUBSCRIBEfor these commands. For a complete list of command addresses by campus, see Sending commands via email.
- Subscribing via the web interface: You can also manage your list subscriptions through the IU List web interface; see Using the IU List web interface.
This is document bcek in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-07-07 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.