Known issues with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) at IU
Following is information about the status of known university-wide Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) issues at Indiana University.
- Using Safari to register for DHCP may result in long delays or timeouts. Other browsers, such as Firefox and Chrome, are not affected by this problem.
- If you use FileVault with Mac OS X 10.6, decrypt your home directory before installing Mavericks, and then encrypt your entire drive using FileVault 2. See About FileVault 2 in the Apple Knowledge Base for details.
- To reinstall or recover Mavericks, you must have an active Internet connection. If you are on campus at IU, UITS recommends using the wired Ethernet network instead of wireless. However, if IU Secure is your only option, see In Mac OS X, how do I connect to an IU wireless network if I am booted from my Recovery HD? Once you have Mavericks installed, you can use IU Secure normally (e.g., for installation of software updates).
- PowerPC applications do not run in Mac OS X 10.9. IU no longer distributes any PowerPC applications, but some users may still have older versions of software installed on their system (e.g., versions of Microsoft Office older than 2008); these will no longer work.
This is document bdrj in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-05-25 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.