How do I get a Box account for my student organization?
Box provides a way for individuals and groups to collaborate, share files in a central location, and distribute files to members and the public. Use Box space for things such as planning group activities, collecting and distributing event photos, and maintaining club information. Group Box accounts provide:
- Smooth transitions through events such as leadership changes or members leaving the organization
- Improved collaboration
- Hassle-free maintenance and sharing of files and folder structure with members
- No impact on individuals' account quotas
- Quick management of access to files stored in Box
To get a Box account for your student organization:
- If your organization does not already have a group computing account, a faculty or staff sponsor will need to request one.
- Request approval for your group account to use Box through the Box Group Account Request Form. Log in with your own IU credentials when requesting the Box group account. After you submit the request, the sponsor of your group computing account will be notified to approve it. You may wish to alert the sponsor in advance to speed this process.
- Once the account sponsor has approved the request, the account will be created when you log into https://uits.iu.edu/box with your student organization's group computing account credentials. Box group accounts have unlimited storage.
- After the account is created, follow the best practices for setting up a group account on Box.
For help, contact your campus Support Center.
This is document bese in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-08-24 15:36:46.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.