Kaltura SaaS Edition is a cloud-based video management system that can be used for storing, publishing, and streaming videos, video collections, and other types of media. The system works with Canvas and accounts are available to Indiana University students, faculty, and staff.
There are several ways to access Kaltura. Follow the instructions below that correspond to your situation.
In Canvas, to access Kaltura, select one of the following methods:
- For your personal media storage, click in the Canvas course navigation menu.
- For media in your Canvas course, click in the Canvas course navigation menu.
- Select the link in the Canvas Rich Content Editor.
For detailed information on how to use Kaltura in Canvas, see the Kaltura Video App for Canvas User Guide.
Via Kaltura MediaSpace
If you plan to use Kaltura outside of Canvas, you'll work directly with the web-based video management application known as Kaltura MediaSpace. To create an account and log in:
- Navigate to:
- At the top right, click Network ID. and select from the drop-down menu. If prompted, enter your IU
- The first time you log in, a personal media collection called "My Media" will be created for you. To access your collection, at the upper right, click your name, and then select .
Getting started with Kaltura
To learn the basics of using Kaltura, consult the following resources:
- Kaltura MediaSpace (description and feature list)
- Kaltura MediaSpace User Manual
- Canvas Video App (description and feature list)
- Kaltura Video App for Canvas User Guide
- In Kaltura, how do I install and use CaptureSpace?
- What are the supported Transcoding formats for the SaaS edition?
For more information, from short help articles to complete user guides, see the Kaltura Knowledge Center.
For pedagogical or technical assistance with Kaltura, consult the following resources:
Teaching and learning centers
Instructors can get help using technology in their teaching at the teaching and learning centers on each campus; see How do I contact the teaching and learning centers at each IU campus?
UITS Support Center
- Monday-Thursday 7am-10pm
- Friday 7am-5pm
- Saturday noon-8pm
- Sunday 10am-10pm
This is document bevs in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-12-16 15:14:46.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.