ARCHIVED: Top Student Central quick answers (IU Bloomington)

This content has been archived, and is no longer maintained by Indiana University. Resources linked from this page may no longer be available or reliable.

On this page:

Also, see Student Central.

Billing and payments

How do I make payments on my bill?

For details about paying your IU bill, see View and pay your IU bursar bill

How can I make monthly payments on my bill?

If your account is in good standing, you can pay at least the deferment amount noted on your billing statement each month, rather than the full amount due.

For details, see Deferment/Payment Plan.

How do I allow someone else to view and make payments?

You can arrange for others (such as your parents) to be able to make payments on your bill; for instructions, see Assigning third-party access.

Financial aid

How do I receive a financial aid credit balance after my tuition is paid?

Most financial aid awards disburse 10 days prior to the start of classes, and apply directly to your student account. If you have a credit balance from financial aid, your refund will be ordered the week before classes begin. The quickest way to receive your refund is by direct deposit.

For more, see Direct deposit and Financial Aid & Scholarship Refunds.

After my IU bill is paid, how can I use the remaining funds?

Financial aid is first disbursed to your student account and applied to your tuition, fees, room, board, and any other allowable charges. If you have more financial aid than necessary to pay these charges, you may have a credit balance which will be refunded to you. You can use your refund to buy or rent your textbooks, or for any other school-related expenses. (However, if you're not receiving a refund, you'll need to obtain your textbooks with personal funds.)

For details, see Financial Aid & Scholarship Refunds.

Where do I send checks from private scholarships?

If you receive a check from your scholarship donor, send the check to:

Indiana University Office of the Bursar
Poplars Building
400 East 7th Street
Bloomington, IN 47405

For the future, tell the scholarship donor to send the private scholarship check to the above address, or refer the donor to Tips for Donors.

Will items in my To Do List cause a delay in receiving my financial aid?

Items in "initiated" status can cause a delay. For details about resolving these, see To Do List items.

Will being waitlisted affect my financial aid disbursement?

Many financial aid awards require you to be enrolled full-time before the award can be disbursed, and waitlisted classes do not count toward actual enrollment. Full-time enrollment for undergraduates is 12 or more credit hours in a single term.

For more, see Waitlist a Class.

How do I defer a prior education loan?

Deferment forms for most lenders are available online. Print a copy, and send it to:

Office of the Registrar
ATTN: Deferments
408 North Union Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405


How can I get an enrollment certification document?

For instructions for obtaining certification of your enrollment, see ARCHIVED: How can I get an enrollment verification certificate?

Semester registrations cannot be certified until the semester begins.

How do I update my personal information, such as a local address?

To keep your address and other information up-to-date, see Review or change your student or applicant personal information

Where can I find information about part-time jobs?

See ARCHIVED: information about student jobs.

This is document bfvs in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2018-01-18 17:39:19.

Contact us

For help or to comment, email the UITS Support Center.