About access to IU resources for official IU retirees
On this page:
- AT&T discount
- Google at IU
- IT Training and lynda.com
- IUware and IUanyWare
- Library services
- Information for spouses of deceased retirees
Retirees are eligible for discounted cell service through AT&T; see Details about IU's agreement with AT&T for personal discounted rates.
Retirees may keep their Box accounts.
At Indiana University, retired faculty and staff can have email accounts. If you had an email account before your retirement, you don't have to do anything to keep your account active. If you want to request your first email account after you retire, see About creating first computing accounts for admitted students, faculty, staff, and affiliates.
Retirees who can log in via CAS may purchase equipment at a discount with Dell, Apple, and Sony through each vendor's IU purchasing site; see ComputerGuide: Deals by vendor, recommendations, and common questions. You can also purchase Apple products at a discount at an IU Bookstore.
Google at IU
Retirees may keep their Google at IU accounts.
IT Training and lynda.com
Retirees can register for IT Training workshops at no charge, and can also download materials and exercise files for self-study at no cost.
IUware and IUanyWare
At IUPUI, some JagPerks may be available to retirees, but that is dependent on each vendor.
If you have questions about library services not addressed below, contact your local IU library.
Using online databases, electronic journals, and electronic books
Retired faculty and staff retain access to the resources provided by their local IU library. Use your IU Network ID to log into library-owned computers, connect to electronic resources from off campus, and access many library services. The easiest way to access electronic subscription resources is via your campus library website; alternatively, to access them through the library catalog, log into the new version of IUCAT.
Some professional schools provide access to special databases for faculty who have retired from the professional school; for details, contact your local library.
IPFW retirees: To maintain access to IPFW library resources and services, you must obtain a free special network account from the IPFW Information Technology Services (ITS) office.
Checking out books and other materials
- Library Accounts: Library accounts expire annually and must be renewed. If you receive a notice that your library account has expired, contact the circulation desk at your local library to confirm your contact information and renew your account.
Note:All library notices will be sent to your IU email address. You must check this address regularly if you borrow library materials.
- Retired faculty and professional staff: You may keep your library account and use your IU ID card to check out library materials. Renew materials through IUCAT or in person; all libraries except IUK also allow renewal of materials by phone or by mail.
- Retired clerical and service-maintenance staff: You may keep your IU ID card and barcode number. On most campuses, when you retire, your library account will transfer to an Indiana resident account with a 30-day loan period. Renew materials through IUCAT or in person; all libraries except IUK also allow renewal of materials by phone or by mail. Alternatively, at IUB, Indiana resident account users can renew materials via the Renew Items Online form; at IUPUI University Library, see Renewals.
- ALF requests and Request Delivery service: Retired faculty and staff may request materials from the Auxiliary Library Facility (ALF) via IUCAT, and may use the Request Delivery service in IUCAT to request materials from libraries at other IU campuses.
Interlibrary loan and document delivery
Retired faculty and staff may request materials via interlibrary loan and document delivery services; however, IUPUI University Library does not provide these services for retirees. Loan periods for interlibrary loan materials vary, and are usually shorter than those for materials borrowed from the IU Libraries. Renewals may or may not be available depending on the lending library's policies.
Faculty studies at IUB
Information for spouses of deceased retirees
The spouse of a deceased faculty or staff member may request computing accounts if the faculty or staff member achieved official retiree status before death.
To proceed, contact your spouse's department chair or human resources administrator. That person needs to request the creation of an Affiliate account for you.
This is document dddx in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-05-05.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.