What is the UITS SharePoint service?
At Indiana University, the UITS SharePoint service is a centralized, university-wide Microsoft Office SharePoint Server environment. SharePoint provides sites for team collaboration and content management, as well as My Sites for individual content management and social networking.
The platform includes the following features and capabilities:
- Collaboration and online content management
- Document repositories to store, track changes in, and expire documents based on defined policies
- Tight integration with Microsoft Office applications
- Centralized search that is secure and context-aware, and permits granular control
- Online document management providing easy collaboration and a centralized search
- Social computing tools that allow communities to work together using wikis, blogs, and RSS feeds
For more, see:
- At IU, how do I request a SharePoint site for my team or department?
- At IU, what is a SharePoint My Site?
For help with SharePoint, see At IU, how can I get help using SharePoint?
Last modified on February 25, 2014.