Creating and using an external password for enterprise Box
At times, you may wish to sign into your Box account without using CAS. Creating an external password, different from your IU Network ID passphrase, will allow you to do so.
- Log into your enterprise Box account from your laptop or desktop,
and click the gear icon on the upper right. From the drop-down menu,
- Near the bottom, you'll see an option to
Create External Password. Enter a secure, standard user password such that the strength bar registers "Strong". For help, see secure password tips.
If you have forgotten your external password
- Go to https://www.box.com/reset, and enter the email address used for
your Box account.
- Box will send you a link to change the password. Follow that link to set an external password.
Benefits of having an external password
- Having an external password ensures continued access to your files during a change of IU email address.
- Some apps, including Box's SimpleShare, do not support Single Sign-on (SSO).
Last modified on September 12, 2013.