Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


At IU, what is my Active Directory Services (ADS) domain account?

At Indiana University, your Network ID and your ADS domain account each allow access to a variety of services. The passphrases for both of these accounts, as well as many other IU computing accounts, are synchronized when you reset or change your passphrase.

ADS domain account services

  • Logging into Windows computers in the Student Technology Centers (STCs) at Indiana University Bloomington and IUPUI

  • Accessing your IU Exchange account

  • Authenticating using CAS to services such as One, Oncourse, Kuali Time, IUCAT, and many administrative online services

  • Accessing the IU virtual private network (VPN) on your home computer

  • Authenticating to your Cyrus mail account

Your ADS domain account passphrase should be the same as your other UITS computing account passphrases. If you have an ADS domain account but are unable to log into the ADS domain, reset your passphrases using the Passphrase Maintenance utility.

If you still have problems, contact your local support provider or your campus Support Center.

This is document ajny in domain all.
Last modified on February 24, 2014.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.