Email at IU
The following is a small selection of content. For more, search the full Knowledge Base.
On this page:
- Email for students, faculty, and staff
- Accessing your email
- Managing your email
- Email policies
Email for students, faculty, and staff
IU provides email accounts for all members of the IU community, for both official communication and personal use. Student employees, including AIs, might be required to use an Exchange account.
Faculty, staff, and graduate students
Accessing your email
- Reading your Exchange email
- Configuring an email client for Imail or Umail
- Using your mobile device at IU
Managing your email
- What are the default storage space allotments for various UITS accounts, and how do I request more space?
- At IU, how do I forward my email?
- How do I prepare my IU email accounts for an extended absence?
- At IU, what happens to my student computing accounts when I graduate, leave the university, transfer to another campus, or study abroad?
- What should I know to avoid getting in trouble with email?
- Student use of email for work-related purposes
- About chain mail
- What is IU's policy on surveys via email?
- At IU, what is the policy about official communications from the university to students?
- If I give my passphrase to someone else who uses my account to send a harassing email message, will I be held responsible?
- What is IU's policy concerning mass mailing via email?
- What is IU policy on using information technology resources for commercial advertisement?
- What does IU do to protect users from spam and virus-infected email?
- What is email fraud, and what should I do about it?
- What should I do if I receive a computer virus alert message via email?
This is document apfi in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-10-06.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.