About sponsored computing accounts for IU affiliates
Under normal circumstances, only Indiana University students, faculty, and staff are eligible to receive IU computing accounts. However, other individuals who are affiliated with IU, such as contracted employees or consultants, may be eligible for an account as an IU affiliate. These accounts, which are different from IU Guest accounts, must be sponsored by an IU faculty or staff member. For details about account eligibility, see Eligibility to Use Information Technology Resources.
IU faculty or staff members can request to sponsor an account for an IU affiliate. The faculty or staff member will need the following information about the IU affiliate:
- Full name (first, middle, and last)
- Date of birth
- Department with which the person is affiliated
- The specific IU campus where the affiliate needs accounts
- Phone number
- Appointment start and end dates
- A description of how the person is affiliated with IU
To sponsor an Affiliate account:
- Go to the Account Management Service at: https://itaccounts.iu.edu/
Manage my IU computing accounts.
- You might see a page asking you to log into the Central
Authentication Service; if so, enter your Network ID
credentials. If not, skip to the next step.
manage Affiliates, and then click
request to add IU affiliate.
- Enter the requested information about you and about the
You will receive a response within two business days regarding your request.
Note: Sponsored accounts are not intended for those who will later become IU students, faculty, or staff. These individuals must wait to create their accounts until they are admitted or their records are entered into the relevant IU system (e.g., the human resources office).
Last modified on March 01, 2013.