ARCHIVED: In Oncourse, how can I create, change, or delete a discussion forum?
UITS no longer supports original Oncourse. For information about Indiana University's current version of Oncourse, see What is Oncourse?
To create a discussion forum in Oncourse, follow the steps below:
- In a course for which you have authoring privileges, click
Create/Edit Discussion Forums.
- Click the blue plus sign icon next to "New Item".
- In the "Title" field, enter a name for the forum. In the "Description"
field, enter a short description.
- To provide a topic or URL on which to focus your forum,
type that information in the "Content" field. To control how this
information is displayed, in the "Format" field, choose
- You may also click the blue
+(plus sign) to add an attachment.
- Under "Viewable By", select which users may enter the forum. If you
have groups set up for the course, you can choose to restrict access to
particular groups. For more information about creating groups, see
the Knowledge Base document ARCHIVED: In Oncourse, how can I organize my class into groups?
OKto create the discussion forum.
To change or delete a discussion forum, click
In Touch, then
Create/Edit Discussion Forums and follow the
appropriate instructions below:
- To change a forum, click the pencil icon next to the name of the
forum. Make your changes and click
- To delete a forum, check the box next to the name of the forum,
then click the button with the red "x" next to "Delete Selected
OKwhen requested to confirm the deletion.
Last modified on August 30, 2010.