Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
What are archived documents?

Login is for authorized groups (e.g., UITS, OVPIT, and TCC) that need access to specialized Knowledge Base documents. Otherwise, simply use the Knowledge Base without logging in.


ARCHIVED: In the Oncourse gradebook, how can I enter grades for a test or assignment?

UITS no longer supports original Oncourse. For information about Indiana University's current version of Oncourse, see What is Oncourse?

To enter grades for an assignment into your Oncourse gradebook, follow these steps:

  1. Log into Oncourse and select a course for which you have authoring privileges. Click Tools.

  2. Click Online Gradebook(s). In the list of gradebooks that appears, click to select the gradebook with which you want to work.

  3. In the gradebook, click either a student username or an assignment. If you click a student username, you can grade assignments for that student; if you click an assignment, you can grade that assignment for all students.

  4. For each student or assignment, you can enter a letter or numeric grade and a comment. If your gradebook is based on a points scale, you must use numeric grade values or the gradebook will not calculate running grades correctly.

  5. To save your changes, click Save. To disregard your changes, click Cancel. To clear all the fields and start over, click Reset.
This is document aksr in domains all and oncourse-h.
Last modified on August 30, 2010.

I need help with a computing problem

  • Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
  • Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
  • All fields are required.

Please provide your IU email address. If you currently have a problem receiving email at your IU account, enter an alternate email address.

I have a comment for the Knowledge Base

  • Fill out this form to submit your comment to the IU Knowledge Base.
  • If you are affiliated with Indiana University and need help with a computing problem, please use the I need help with a computing problem section above, or contact your campus Support Center.